Click on the tabs below to read frequently asked questions (FAQ's) about Baraboo.

Do you issue work permits?

No, we no longer issue work permits. You can get a work permit at the Baraboo High School office. Permits are available between the hours of 7:30 am and 3:00pm on regular school days. On days that school is not in session, please call the High School at 355-3940 to make sure someone is available to assist you.

Where can I find information on the Big Top Parade?

Please visit bigtopparade.com for the parade route, schedule, and other information.

Do you issue State Park passes?

Yes, you may pick up a pass at the Visitor Information Center for the following rates:

Resident Annual - $28.00 for vehicles with Wisconsin license plates
(After buying a full-price resident annual pass, a second sticker registered to the same household can be purchased for $15.50)

Senior Annual - $13.00 for Wisconsin residents 65 years or older

For information, call the Baraboo Area Chamber of Commerce at (608) 356-8333.

Do you have discount cards or tickets?

Discount attraction tickets for the following attractions are available at the Baraboo Civic Center:
Noah's Ark
Mt. Olympus
Six Flags Great America
Upper Dells Boat Tour
Jet Boat Adventure
Wisconsin Ducks
Milwaukee County Zoo
Pirates Cove Adventure Golf

The Civic Center is located at 124 Second St., in downtown Baraboo. The Parks & Recreation Office is located in room 17 and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays from mid-May through August. Cash, checks and traveler's checks are accepted, but credit cards are not. Call (608) 355-2760 for information.

Where can I watch fireworks on the 4th of July?

Thursday, July 4th

BaraBooms Fireworks Festival
Sauk County Fairgrounds, Baraboo
6-10 p.m., fireworks at dusk
Music, food, kids' activities and more!
Sponsored by Festival Foods
Find out more here!

Where can I find a listing of additional events in the Baraboo Area?

A full listing of events can be found on our calendar. Click here